Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back on the, er, horse

Last week I didn't do so well. After two weeks of riding Guinness, who I swear has the body of a Clydesdale, my body was screaming in agony. My back hurt from trying to keep centered. My abs hurt from trying to rock with G's movements. My knees (especially the left one)ached, and my hips felt stretched to the breaking point. My normal workouts suffered because of pain. So now that G is back with his mom at Auburn, I can return to working out properly, without wearing knee braces and lathering up with icy hot every morning, noon and night. And I'm back to being saddle-sore...which is much more bearable (sigh, the trials of riding smaller horses). :) But I do feel ashamed that I fell off the wagon so quickly, with all my ills. I mean, there are equestrians out there who break numerous important body parts, and six weeks later, they are showing again. And not only did I fall off the workouts, but the eating got bad again. So I have started this week by thinking positively, and I am back on track. And the next time I hurt, I need to stop thinking "I can't," and more like, "let's modify." Because sometimes life gets in the way....but it shouldn't be a reason to abandon your goals for that day/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment